Serves 4 as a starter or light lunch
- 8 Highveld Brown Mushrooms
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 150g Haloumi cheese, sliced
- Ina Paarman Braai & Grill seasoning to taste
- 60ml – 90ml Ina Paarman Chilli Chutney
- rocket leaves to serve
- Heat the grill to high.
- Place the mushrooms with the gills up on a grill rack. Brush with the oil and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook under the grill until the juices start to run, about 5 minutes.
- Top with the Haloumi slices and season with Ina Paarman Braai & Grill seasoning.
- Return to the grill and cook until the cheese is golden and crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Arrange two mushrooms on each serving plate and spoon a little Ina Paarman Chilli Chutney over each. Serve with the dressed rocket leaves.
Copyright Highveld Mushrooms