- 30ml olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5ml Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 250g Highveld white button mushrooms, sliced
- 5ml Ina Paarman’s Tomato Pesto
- 1 x 25g sachet Ina Paarman’s Liquid Beef Stock
- 125ml water
- 2 large eggs
- 30ml soy sauce
- 15ml gelatine powder
- 125ml oats
- 60ml chopped parsley
- 10ml Ina Paarman’s Salt Reduced Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 500g lean beef mince
- 185ml Ina Paarman’s BBQ Marinade or Sundried Tomato Coat & Cook Sauce
- Adjust oven shelf to middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Oil a large ovenproof dish.
- Saute the onion, pre-seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, in the oil. Cook slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking on a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the Tomato Pesto and sachet of undiluted Liquid Beef Stock and stir through. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Whisk water, eggs and soy sauce together. Sprinkle gelatin over and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Whisk again.
- Mix oats, gelatine mixture, cooled mushroom mixture, chopped parsley and Garlic & Herb Seasoning into the beef mince in a mixing bowl. Mix gently, first with a knife and then lightly with your hands.
- Scoop out about 65ml of this soft mince mixture and roll into balls. Pack into the prepared ovenproof dish.
- Coat meatballs with Sundried Tomato Coat & Cook Sauce or Marinade and bake for about 35 minutes. Serve with mash and a medley of green vegetables.
Copyright Highveld Mushrooms