- 15 ml olive oil
- 60ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g Highveld Button Mushrooms sliced
- 375ml Arborio/risotto rice
- 30ml fresh sage, chopped
- 90ml white wine
- 1 litre hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 65ml grated fresh Parmesan
- 60g blue cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh Parmesan to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil and butter and sauté the onion and mushrooms until soft and golden.
- Stir in the rice and sage and cook, stirring continuously until the rice looks almost translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and allow to evaporate.
- Add the stock, no more than 90ml (3tbls) at a time, stir well and simmer gently until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Continue to do this until the rice is tender and most if not all the stock has been added, it should take about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan, blue cheese and extra butter and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Copyright Highveld Mushrooms